Duchesne School District Begins Offering Free Meals to All Enrolled Students
Thanks to a USDA free meal waiver, Duchesne School District Nutrition Services will begin offering meals at no cost to all enrolled students beginning Monday September 14, 2020 at all school locations. No students will be charged for breakfast or lunch.
All schools will serve free meals in the school cafeteria. The meals will be served based on current serving schedules already established at each school site.
Registered Basin Online at-home learners may pick up meals at the following locations and times. Pick up meals need to be ordered with the link below or calling school where meal will be picked up. Please call orders by 8:30.
Click for Basin Online Student Order Form
- Centennial Elementary -725-4450 - pick up: Front Office – pick up time: 11:00 -11:30
- East Elementary 725-4665 – pick up: Kitchen east door – pick up time: 10:45- 11:15
- Myton Elementary 725-4735 – pick up: Kitchen east door - pick up time 11:40 - 12:00
- Duchesne Elementary 738-1290 - pick up: Front Office – pick up time 11:40- 12:00
- Altamont High - 738-1345 - pick up: Kitchen door on north side - pick up time 11:15- 11:30
- Neola Elementary 725-4715 - pick up: Kitchen door on West side- pick up time: 11:30 – 11:45
- Tabiona School – 738-1322- Pick up: Kitchen door on North Side – pick up time:11:15 – 11:30
- Meal service Monday through Friday and Tabiona Monday through Thursday
Meal pickups will only be offered on school days.
Children must be present to receive meals. Meals Pick for your family only
Parents/Guardians please wear mask when picking up meals.
Only children are eligible for free meals under this waiver.
USDA does not guarantee the length of this free meal waiver. Free meal service will be until current funding runs out or thru end of the School Year. This wavier could expire. We are encouraging parents to continue applying for free and reduced meal eligibility so that they won’t experience a lapse in benefits. Applying also helps other school programs that benefit from the free and reduced program.
Special Meal Accommodations
MEAL SUBSTITUTIONS FOR MEDICAL OR SPECIAL DIETARY REASONS
USDA Regulation 7 CFR Part 15b requires substitutions or modifications in school meals for children whose disabilities restrict their diets. A child with a disability must be provided substitutions in foods when that need is supported by a signed statement from a licensed physician.
In Cases of Food Allergy
Generally, children with food allergies or intolerances do not have a disability as defined under either Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act or Part B of IDEA, and the school food service may, but is not required to, make food substitutions for them. However, when in the licensed physician’s assessment, food allergies may result in severe, life-threatening (anaphylactic) reactions, the child’s condition would meet the definition of “disability”, and the substitutions prescribed by the licensed physician must be made.
School food service may make food substitutions, at their discretion, for individual children who do not have a disability, but who are medically certified as having a special medical or dietary need. Such determinations are only made on a case-by-case basis. This provision covers those children who have food intolerances or allergies, but do not have life-threatening reactions (anaphylactic reactions) when exposed to the food(s) to which they have problems.
Medical Statement for Children with Special Dietary Needs
Each special dietary request must be supported by a statement explaining the requested food substitution and must be signed by a recognized medical authority. The Medical Statement must include:
- An identification of the medical or other special dietary condition which restricts the child’s diet;
- The food or foods to be omitted from the child’s diet; and
- The food or choice of foods to be substituted.
If we do not receive a medical statement from a recognized medical authority, your child will receive a regular lunch tray. Medical statements completed by parents or guardians will not be accepted.
MEDICAL STATEMENT TO REQUEST SPECIAL MEALS AND/OR ACCOMMODATIONS